- ^ “Judgment days for Riquelme”. The Scotsman (Edinburgh: Johnston Publishing). (2006年6月3日) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "DIEGO Latorre was the first of the new Maradonas, the squat man from Boca Juniors exciting the Argentinian nation in the late 1980s, in the way that his great hero had done a decade earlier."
- ^ a b Hughes, Stan (2009年3月9日). “Maradona”. Footy Factor. 2012年12月28日閲覧。 “Ariel Ortega, Marcelo Gallardo, Juan Roman Riquelme, Carlos Tevez, Lionel Messi, the list goes on and on. All have been touted as the 'new Maradona' but none have lived up to the unique style and success that Diego Armando Maradona enjoyed during his 20-year playing career.”
- ^ “Bound for Chile”. The Dominion Post (Wellington: Fairfax Media). (2012年12月28日) 2014年6月15日閲覧. "Argentina under-20 striker Franco di Santo, dubbed the "new Maradona", was recently signed by Chelsea from Audax for $3 million."
- ^ “Judgment days for Riquelme”. The Scotsman (Edinburgh: Johnston Publishing). (2006年6月3日) 2014年6月15日閲覧. "Javier Saviola, Carlos Tevez and Lionel Messi are the most recent, with the daddy of them all being 27-year-old Juan Roman Riquelme."
- ^ “Real Zaragoza 3-0 Gimnastic de Tarragona”. ESPN. (2006年11月19日) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "Argentinian Aimar, who moved to Zaragoza from Valencia over the summer, has struggled to live up to his billing as 'the new Maradona' - one of several players to have been handed that tag - since moving to Spain."
- ^ Williamson, Laura (2009年5月28日). “Is United's destroyer Lionel Messi the first 'New Maradona' worthy of the name?”. Daily Mail (London: Associated Newspapers) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "Forget Joe Cole, d'Alessandro was lauded as the latest 'new Maradona' after coming through the River Plate youth ranks and impressing during the 2001 Under 20 World Cup."
- ^ Adderley, Nigel (2001年7月11日). “The next Maradona”. BBC Sport (London: British Broadcasting Corporation) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "His goal in his home city against Ghana ensures he'll continue to be saddled with the tag of being 'The New Maradona' for a bit longer."
- ^ Williamson, Laura (2009年5月28日). “Is United's destroyer Lionel Messi the first 'New Maradona' worthy of the name?”. Daily Mail (London: Associated Newspapers) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "Boro manager Bryan Robson said: 'People always like to tag a player and I hope he does turn out the be the new Maradona. 'That would be a great buy for us - but there's a long way to go before that.'"
- ^ Vickery, Tim (2004年12月6日). “Tevez - an Argentine in Brazil”. BBC Sport (London: British Broadcasting Corporation) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "'The new Maradona' - Carlos Tevez - is joining Corinthians for nearly $20m in a strong candidate for the strangest move of the year."
- ^ Vickery, Tim (2005年8月22日). “Messi handles 'new Maradona' tag”. BBC Sport (London: British Broadcasting Corporation) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "Nevertheless, there is little doubt that in this time 18-year-old Lionel Messi is the most exciting Argentine talent to have emerged, an attacking midfielder who promises to be able to tip the balance at the highest level."
- ^ Lowe, Sid (2006年10月2日). “Aguero blows the chance to lay Atlético's derby jinx to rest”. The Guardian (London: Guardian News and Media) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "Put yourself in Sergio Aguero's natty blue shoes. You're the latest New Maradona, the most expensive signing in Atlético Madrid's 103-year history, 25m worth of quick feet, vision and goals, of shirt-hanging-out-of-shorts, scurrying genius."
- ^ Bandini, Paolo (2007年9月4日). “Livewire Lavezzi sparks Napoli into life, before the inevitable”. The Guardian (London: Guardian News and Media) 2012年12月28日閲覧. "Step aside Leo Messi, Carlos Tevez, and ... er ... Carlos Marinelli, there's a new New Maradona on the scene, and this one even plays for Napoli. Ezequiel Iván Lavezzi, a 5.5m summer signing from San Lorenzo, had already signalled his arrival with a match-winning hat-trick against Pisa in the Coppa Italia last month, but it takes a little more than bullying Serie B sides to make i partoponei forget el Pibe d'Oro."